SCOLT is excited to announce the Ken Stewart Future Language Educator Scholarship! SCOLT is dedicated to building professional capacity and wants to encourage students to pursue language teaching careers. Due to a generous gift by our own Ken Stewart, SCOLT is now able to award $1000 annually to a high school senior who wants to be a World Language teacher. The first award will be made at the 2019 conference in Myrtle Beach, SC!
The recipient will receive $1000 to be used for college expenses. S/he will also receive free registration to the SCOLT conference in their senior year of college as well as his/her first year of teaching! The scholarship recipient will be asked to give SCOLT progress updates throughout his/her college career.
The recipient will be invited to attend the SCOLT conference to accept the award, but travel funds will not be provided. If the recipient is unable to attend the conference, we will arrange to video conference with the student during the awards ceremony.
- High school senior with intent to pursue a World Language teaching career
- 3.5 GPA in World Language Courses
- 3 letters of recommendation (language teacher, peer, another teacher/administrator)
- Produce a 2-3 minute video in the target language* addressing a professional topic. *Classical language students may record their response in English
- Complete application submitted by Jan 31, 2019 (See application for details.)